ctfisherman.com logo
Page 99 of 177 < 1 2 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397882 - 10/15/04 02:44 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

BP and FishingFinancialAdvisor,

If you are looking for a lucid argument against the war in Iraq, try this DVD:

Hijacking Catastrophe: 9/11, Fear & the Selling of American Empire

I recommend it as a less 'agitprop' more adult and more terrifying version of 'Fahrenheit 9/11', if anything can be more terrifying.
Fishing Info
#397883 - 10/15/04 02:56 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

A followup to the discussion on "N" and "C", and lessons from history.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editori...ire_in_america/

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
#397884 - 10/15/04 03:24 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
BP Offline

Quote:
]Ahha. Now I see. That's why Bush banned showing dead soldiers or military funerals on TV - not to exploit greif and pain. How sensitive of him. That's why Sinclair Broadcasting banned the Night Line program from respectfully reading the names of all the falling soldiers - not to exploit greif and pain.

BTW, was Bush "duped" into making all the stupid remarks or sitting for 7 minutes in a classroom, looking like he was scared to death, after the second plane hit? Didn't he say "Fool me once..."? [/QB]
I see you are very much a student of John Kerry. Offering a littany of complaints againt Bush, Sinclair, etc is not an argument that Moore was not exploiting grief and pain.

No Bush was not duped, but there were plenty of everyday American in the film that I felt were. Especially the soldiers in the tank unit.

Who's spinning now?

He sips his coffee, then looks again toward the woods where he hunted with his father and now hunts with his son.
�There�s something about this place,� he says.
And if they were here to speak, all the men who have shared this camp over the decades would answer,
�Yes, there is.�
#397885 - 10/15/04 03:33 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know. You tell me.
#397886 - 10/15/04 03:33 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

That's an excellent article, Mr. Gerg. Much more reasonable than some of the blogs I've seen claiming Bush is Hitler reincarnate! If there was a way to check, one would find I was none too thrilled that this war in Iraq was started. But, now that were committed, we have to see it through to some sort of semi-satisfactory concluesion. Even Mr. Kerry has sent we can't cut and run.

I'm a bit puzzled by the Dems claim that the war in Iraq has hurt the hunt for Osama & Al Queda. From a tactical point of view, more troops in Afganistan are unnecessary, as the war shifted from conventional regime change to rural guerilla warfare. From a strategic point of view, less is more in that Spec-Ops troops, with proper logistical support, are pretty much all that is needed now, with the light mountain division, (10TH?), as back-up for regional flare ups.

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#397887 - 10/15/04 03:39 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

Bait, just a quick followup, but it is largely acknowledged that while troops weren't withdrawn in any significant numbers, critical assets such as translators, intelligence assets, and special units were withdrawn. Those assetts were critical in support of ongoing efforts in afghanistan.

I forget the specific military acronym used, but it's something like "really critical stuff we don't have enough of to go around", but much more succinct. \:D

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
#397888 - 10/15/04 03:56 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gerg,

Thank you very much for the article. It is a real eye opener. It jibes perfectly with "Hijacking Catastrophe: 9/11, Fear & the Selling of American Empire " and the Paul Krugman's book The Great Unraveling: Losing Our Way in the New Century .
#397889 - 10/15/04 04:16 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RMW 1 Offline

Catch N Release having kids(or adults for that matter)that are ignorant of fire arm safty and safe use.But that is what the democrates want.the more ignorant we are the more they can use fear to get elected!For them it has nothing to do with the safty of your kids!

Don
#397890 - 10/15/04 04:33 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

RMW 1

Let me correct you slightly:

"But that is what the Republicans want. The more ignorant we are the more they can use fear of TERRORISM to get elected! For them it has nothing to do with the safty of your kids!"
#397891 - 10/15/04 04:51 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RMW 1 Offline

Hey Val with all due respect it you don't believe the threat of terrorism is real then you might as well just give up now.Go to one of the countrys were we have taken the fight and make your self alot of money,(there is lots to be made because it's so save there). That you can then donate to the less fortunate here.Val you really do need to take your head out of the sand!

Don
Page 99 of 177 < 1 2 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics