ctfisherman.com logo
Page 16 of 177 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397052 - 10/04/04 11:00 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
 Quote:
President Kerry - Finally a statesman the whole world will look up to.
Most importantly the North Vietnamese and the Terrorists of the world, who just can't wait to get this Liberal in power.

God help us if he takes our country. It is very clear to me that he is more concerned with appeasing the global community than protecting the U.S.

Fishing Info
#397053 - 10/04/04 11:09 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jimmy Offline

interesting article in the paper today. Anyone wonder who ordered the rewrite? We all know Bush's stance.

What I like even more is that he just cant say the truth. He kind of reminds me of Rowland.

Quote:

Report: Feds Ordered Salmon Study Rewrite
8:59 PM EDT,October 2, 2004
By Associated Press

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Federal biologists evaluating the effects of shifting millions of gallons of water to Southern California from rivers in the north were ordered by their superiors to revise a conclusion that the plan would hurt endangered salmon, a newspaper reported Saturday.
http://www.ctnow.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-salmon-study,0,2541537.story

Lets just hope striped bass, river herring, or any other fish we love dont get in Bush's way.
#397054 - 10/04/04 11:30 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
spin Offline

But Jimmy,

Bush fishes on his private pond.

That's more important than allowing mercury levels in fish to continue to rise, by allowing the coal fired electrical plants to emit more mercury. Besides, those coal plants paid good money to Bush so that they can pollute our air and water.

The draining of rivers to help people that donated heavily to his campaign, like your article on california shows, is not new. His Administration did the same thing in oregon, allowing farmers to take so much water out of the river that there was not enough oxygen left for the fish to survive. Plenty of dead salmon for everyone. Maybe he just hates salmon, they're the ones that need clean water.

Hey it's only fishing and we all know that fish are not important.

At least bush never lied to go to war!!!

Oh....... never mind.
#397055 - 10/04/04 12:16 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
This illustration says it all:

#397056 - 10/04/04 12:34 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
spin Offline

John,

How disrespectful of you. You know that Kerry's Band of Brothers, are those who served with him in the Navy on the Swift boats in Vietnam. That is all except one, Jim Rassmann, a former special forces member who had his life saved by John Kerry.

Unlike you, I believe the words of a man who served in the special forces. I know it is a little long for you to read, you seem to like stupid pictures. Here is his story, see if you can read the entire story. If it is too long I will sum it up for you. If jim Rassmann depended upon George Bush to save his ass in Vietnam, he would be dead now, you see, georgie didn't have the balls to go.

Jim Rassmann: John Kerry saved my life. Now his heroism is being questioned.

Rassmann, a retired lieutenant with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, served with the U.S. Army 5th Special Forces Group in Vietnam 1968-69.
I came to know Lt. John Kerry during the spring of 1969. He and his swift boat crew assisted in inserting our Special Forces team and our Chinese Nung soldiers into operational sites in the Cau Mau Peninsula of South Vietnam. I worked with him on many operations and saw firsthand his leadership, courage and decision-making ability under fire.

On March 13, 1969, John Kerry's courage and leadership saved my life.

While returning from a SEA LORDS operation along the Bay Hap River, a mine detonated under another swift boat. Machine-gun fire erupted from both banks of the river, and a second explosion followed moments later.

The second blast blew me off John's swift boat, PCF-94, throwing me into the river. Fearing that the other boats would run me over, I swam to the bottom of the river and stayed there as long as I could hold my breath.

When I surfaced, all the swift boats had left, and I was alone taking fire from both banks. To avoid the incoming fire, I repeatedly swam under water as long as I could hold my breath, attempting to make it to the north bank of the river. I thought I would die right there. The odds were against me avoiding the incoming fire and, even if I made it out of the river, I thought I'd be captured and executed. Kerry must have seen me in the water and directed his driver, Del Sandusky, to turn the boat around. Kerry's boat ran up to me in the water, bow on, and I was able to climb up a cargo net to the lip of the deck. But, because I was nearly upside down, I couldn't make it over the edge of the deck. This left me hanging out in the open, a perfect target. John, already wounded by the explosion that threw me off his boat, came out onto the bow, exposing himself to the fire directed at us from the jungle, and pulled me aboard.

For his actions that day, I recommended John for the Silver Star, our country's third highest award for bravery under fire. I learned only this past January that the Navy awarded John the Bronze Star with Combat V for his valor. The citation for this award, signed by the Commander of U.S. Naval Forces, Vietnam, Vice Admiral Elmo Zumwalt, read, "Lieutenant (junior grade) Kerry's calmness, professionalism and great personal courage under fire were in keeping with the highest traditions of the United States Naval Service." To this day I am grateful to John Kerry for saving my life. And to this day I still believe that he deserved the Silver Star for his courage.

It has been many years since I served in Vietnam. I returned home, got married, and spent many years as a deputy sheriff for Los Angeles County. I retired in 1989 as a lieutenant. It has been a long time since I left Vietnam, but I think often of the men who did not come home with us.

I am neither a politician nor an organizer. I am a retired police officer with a passion for orchids. Until January of this year, the only public presentations I made were about my orchid hobby. But in this presidential election, I had to speak out; I had to tell the American people about John Kerry, about his wisdom and courage, about his vision and leadership. I would trust John Kerry with my life, and I would entrust John Kerry with the well-being of our country.

Nobody asked me to join John's campaign. Why would they? I am a Republican, and for more than 30 years I have largely voted for Republicans. I volunteered for his campaign because I have seen John Kerry in the worst of conditions. I know his character. I've witnessed his bravery and leadership under fire. And I truly know he will be a great commander in chief.
#397057 - 10/04/04 12:42 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't you people have some dishes to wash? Isn't the dirty laundry done yet? :p
#397058 - 10/04/04 01:26 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jimmy and Spin,

Quote:
Originally posted by John from Madison CT:
Val:

1. Kerry looked at EXACTLY the same intelligence reports as Bush. Nothing different. What conclusion did he make?

2. Bush admitted to having a drinking problem and stopped drinking on his own.
Is it your contention that someone who beat an addiction is morally corrupt or forever a "bad seed"? Please explain your position. I would love to hear it.

If you're gonna respond with an immature "story" or sorts, don't bother.
After this post by John I sought for a second that John was capable of an objective and serious discussion of issues. I replied to each of his points seriously, not 'with an immature "story" of sorts' as he requested. He probably didn't even read the articles I provided. He just clammed up for a while. I guess, he had nothing to say in the face of the facts. He was like Bush during the debate - waiting for a chance to post an appropriate 'sound bite' long since memorized.

Naugy Joe's post this morning provided such an opportunity.
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
President Kerry - Finally a statesman the whole world will look up to.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So John replies with an immature:

"Most importantly the North Vietnamese and the Terrorists of the world, who just can't wait to get this Liberal in power."

Then you post your 'salmon' stories. What is John's 'serious' reply on the issues. A silly 'Band of Brothers' poster.

It will go on like this forever.

When Bush had nothing to say in reply to Kerry's facts during the debate, what did he do? He pulled his canned sound bytes, literally out of his butt. "Mixed messages,... wrong war, wrong place,... it is hard work,... the enemy attacked us,...". Thank God, according to his own rules, he could not bring any props to the debate. Or he would definitely show John's 'Band of Brothers' poster.

Shame on you John. You could do better than just repeating old tired lies out of context.
#397059 - 10/04/04 01:41 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

KC,

With all due respect. If Mitch wanted us to go wash dishes, he would not start the thread. PM him to put the thread in the "chum bucket" if you wish.
#397060 - 10/04/04 01:53 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought this was the "chum bucket"?

And, it's beyond me why Mitch opened up a political thread. Things were running so nicely without one.

These types of threads only served to get people pissed and some ousted from the site.

Some of the new political pundits appear as only reincarnations of those that have preceeded and left on their own accord, or accordingly.

Spin: It'd be easier to understand your posts if your quotes were represented correctly.

On a note that shouldn't raise anyones ire.....: I hope you've enjoyed your new boat this season, Val. It sure is a nice one. ;\)
#397061 - 10/04/04 02:02 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Baitrunner:

Bush family in bed with the Saudis? Gimme a friggin' break! (We're ALL in bed, (i.e. beholden), with the friggin' Saudis! We LIVE AND SURVIVE from Saudi oil, whether you like it or not, and this shall continue to be the case until we are energy self-sufficient! (All the suspect links to "Neocom" bloggers, aside!)

Oh, so you are saying that our principals on human rights and our war on terrorism are secondary and take a back seat to our reliance upon Saudi oil, Saudi dollars, and Saudi business?

Here's an idea, conquer Saudi Arabia and TAKE their freakin' oil outright! It was discovered and tapped by American oil interests in the first place!! They were ridin' camels around the sand for centuries and had no freakin idea it was even down there, not to mention no technology to find it or process it in the first place. U.S. companies did that, and made them wealthy beyond their wildest dreams.

Now we have to pucker up and smooch their American/Christian hatin' backsides to stay in their good graces, while they trash talk us and promote Islamic extremism and Jihad!? Think about what you are saying!

Why are we so ready to go after Hussein and Iraq, but so reluctant to go after the Saudis? Our principals on human rights and especially our war on terrorism should NOT be for sale or compromised! The Saudis are dirty and we all know it! An attack on them would be every bit as legitimate as an attack on Iraq, maybe moreso.

And then we would have all the oil we want and would BE self-sufficient! But that is not in the best business interests of the Bushies & co.,
so they get a pass!

Give ME a freakin' break already!!

And YOU say KERRY talks out both sides of his mouth!?!?!?!
Page 16 of 177 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics