ctfisherman.com logo
Page 145 of 177 < 1 2 ... 143 144 145 146 147 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398342 - 11/01/04 01:38 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

P.W. : Nice meeting you, too.

My comment was more directed at the members here that are constantly posting on this political thread. You haven't seemed as high profile on this thread as others, and I really have only had the pleasure of maybe actually reading ~300 of the posts here, or maybe roughly half as many as Dr.Pepper or Val have posted.

"quite a different persona in person"?
I guess so. I'm not very vocal in person and tend to hide in the corner. ;\)

Glad you had fun at the outting. Piketoberfest holds special meaning for me as that was the first event I had attended 2 years ago and really felt turned on to great group of people.

OK.....back to Politics. Bush $ucks! Kerry $ucks! Who $ucks the least?
Fishing Info
#398343 - 11/01/04 01:47 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by K.C.:
Kerry has said he has 10,000 lawyers ready to contest the vote?

That's enough for me to vote for Bush.....

K.C.

As another poster pointed out, Bush has an army of lawyers ready too. So NOW who you gonna vote for?

BTW, Here is an interesting quote from Bush that relates to your post. You wrote:

Quote:
Originally posted by K.C.:

Save a tree. Hire an arborist.
Here is what Bush said:

"Arbolist... Look up the word. I don't know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it's an ARBO-TREE-IST, somebody who knows alot about trees."

:rolleyes: :p \:D

LMFAO!! Stay tuned, I've got tons of "BUSHISMS" I'll be posting later today to give you all a look at the dizzying intellect of the man you people put in the White House 4 years ago and want to put there again for the next four.

Arbo-tree-ist, OH MY FREAKIN' GOD!!! \:o
#398344 - 11/01/04 01:52 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey...., Bush is grammatically and geographically impaired, but I think he is sincere......And his knowledge of world geography has improved during his 4 year crash course.

Cut the guy some slack, will ya?
#398345 - 11/01/04 02:18 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah?

How about his grasp of civics? Has that improved too? I sure as hell hope so! Check THIS ONE out:

"The legislature's job is to write law.

It's the executive branch's job to INTERPRET the law."

\:o \:o \:o

No WONDER he's had so much trouble the past four years! He doesn't even know what he's SUPPOSED to be doing!!!

:p \:D
#398346 - 11/01/04 02:42 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

KC, You must be feeling better, today! You seem much more chipper; back to your old self, eh? Da "Beast" be not your friend! He be full o' carbs, and carbs be the Devil!

Hey! Kerry eat da carbs! Kerry be da Devil?

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#398347 - 11/01/04 02:43 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here are some more Bush gems. And keep in mind that all of THESE were said BEFORE the 2000 election. And you all STILL voted for him!

Enjoy!

"This frightens some in Washington D.C. because they want the federal government to run Social Security, like it's some kind of federal program."

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."

"We'll make America what we want it to be. A literate country, and a hopefuller country."

"I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun."

"As I've told alot of folks in Texas over the years, I wish I knew the law."

"There ought to be limits to, uh... to freedom."

"Until I'm president it's going to be hard for me to verify that I think I'll be more effective."

"I think we agree, the past is over."

"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas."

"I see it all the time when people come up to me and say, I don't want you to let me down again." :rolleyes:

"You might want to comment on that, Honorable."
(to N.J. Secy of State, the Honorable Deforest Soaries, Jr.)

"As Governor of Texas, I have set high standards for our public schools, and I have met those standards."

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it alot easier to answer questions..... I can't answer your question."

"We'll let our friends be the peacekeepers, and the great country called America will be the pacemakers."

"I am against hard quotas. Quotas, they basically delineate based upon whatever."

"The best way to relieve families from time is to let them keep some of their own money."

"That's a chapter, the last chapter... of the 20th... the 20th... the 21st century, that most of us would rather forget. The last chapter of the 20th century, this is the first chapter of the 21st century."
(Hey, wasn't that a line in "Rainman"? '20th, 20th century, definitely, definitely 20th, 21st century' :p )

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."

"When I'm president we're gonna have emergency room care, we're gonna have gag orders..."

"We talked about how best to be able to expedite the exploration of natural gas in Mexico and transport it up to the United States so that we become less dependant on foreign sources of crude oil."

And this one says it all:

"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is misunderestimating."

Hail to the chief!! \:D
#398348 - 11/01/04 02:48 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, I think I'm beginning to understand why JFM likes Bush so much!

They're on the same level, despite their MBA's!!

LOL!! :p ;\) \:D \:D
#398349 - 11/01/04 03:15 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Spicoli Offline

Classic quotes! I have a Bushism magnet on my refrigerator. It serves as a reminder of what a moron our president really is... not that I need any reminders, but he's got his usual stupid look on his face, which is pretty funny.

"I'm the master of low expectations." - George W. Bush
#398350 - 11/01/04 03:17 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Pappy_7 Offline

Ol' Basser

Loc: Derby, CT
KC,

I see what you mean. I checked it out

NU2's made 10 fishing related posts out of his last 50

Vals had 0 fishing related posts out of his last 50

Maybe their confused and think this a CTPOLITICANS.com \:D

Another aside .... with the insults exchanged during the debate in this thread is it any wonder that negative campaigning it used by politicians and is highly effective?

Walt
#398351 - 11/01/04 03:46 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RayZCT Offline

Loc: Glastonbury, CT
Sounds like young George got his Masters from Yogi Berra U.

Z-Man Custom Fishing Rods
Page 145 of 177 < 1 2 ... 143 144 145 146 147 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics