ctfisherman.com logo
Page 38 of 177 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397272 - 10/07/04 05:20 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Catch N Release Offline

Jon
You want to promote something that has been deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. That's Scarey.
This type of profiling was something the Patriot Act actually tried to do, but again was seen as unconstitutional by the highest court in the nation.
Classic example of how the CONSERVATIVE government we have in place wanted to take away citizens rights.
Up until 9/11 Timothy McVay producted the worst terrorist act in America. Was he of Middle Eastern decent? A Islamic terrorist. What good would have profiling been here?

Timothy McVay was in a totally different mindset that Islamic Terrorist. No amount of profiling would have stopped him.
Fishing Info
#397273 - 10/07/04 05:28 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Crazy Ivan Offline

Loc: New Milford, and Anywhere Salt...
You guys need to MELLOW OUT!!

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Judge Smails:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man that can smile with his shorts too tight in the seat."
#397274 - 10/07/04 05:28 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Val: Your going over the edge here.
#397275 - 10/07/04 05:29 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

citizens rights - or possible terrorist right?

the current airport security screening policy is to grab the 6th or 7th person in line and shake them down. Thats ******** spawned by the left to maintain political correctness.

Thats the same laisez faire attitude adopted by the Clinton administration after WTC, Cole, etc. You guys really believe that they won't try it again?

And no, I don't have to agree with the Supreme Court on everything. Do you?

If you were on the plane, and Richard Reid was trying to light his shoes on fire next to you, would you be glad that airport security let him pass while some little old lady took her shoes off and got the full pat down? Would you feel good in your heart as the fuse got lit that his civil liberties were not violated, and that the US Constitution (written long before air travel) was preserved? You guys are nuts.

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#397276 - 10/07/04 05:41 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Trout killer Offline

I just found out that Kerry is going to debate himself tonight in preparation for tomorrows actual debate. :p It's to bad these debates get rated on who studdered or facial expressions. Clinton was a great speaker to but also a bad lyer. I think Edwards is a joke, just what we need as a v.p. a trial lawyer. What's next a used car salesman?I don't think Bush is perfect by any means but for me he is better then the ulternative. I think he shares some morals that I have. Constitutional right to bare arms, against abortion, and against same sex marriages.

N.Y. Yankees " THE BIGGEST CHOKE IN THE HISTORY OF BASEBALL 2004"
#397277 - 10/07/04 05:44 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by K.C.:
Val: Your going over the edge here.
KC,

I don't think so. I am just taking this 'profiling' thing to its logical conclusion. History shows that 'racial profiling' always ended as smoke coming out of the chimneys of crematoriums.

Actually, if you think about it, McVeigh's views were similar to those of our 'profiling' champions. The Right Wing domestic terrorists (militias) like McVeigh hated the US Government because it is, allegedly, controlled by the UN and the Jews.

Now that the Bush government blew the UN off and invaded the 'camel-truckers', I think McVeigh would not be blowing up Federal Buildings. Instead he would be working on the Bush campaign.
#397278 - 10/07/04 05:45 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Crabmaster Offline

KC, that's the worst Bowie version I'ver ever heard.

Careful with the "drunk Kennedy" comments. There's a lot of drunks that read this site, and some drunks that are running for office.

Finally, the Patriot Act IS uncontitutional and allows access to info that was previously considered sacred: library files showing books you take out, client lists (who's buyin what), etc.. At the same time, I DO want security at airports to profile those of mid-eastern descent. It's a new world, isn't it? Tough issues require tough decisions, and there are no perfect answers.
#397279 - 10/07/04 05:48 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Jon S. Offline

Loc: Clinton
WoW! I have been reading every post in this long thread. As an undecided independant I had been reading alot of things to think about from both sides. But lately this "conversation" has changed. You guys in support of Kerry have been posting some really weird, paranoid stuff lately. If Kerry thinks like you guys, I know where my vote will be going.

Fish On!
#397280 - 10/07/04 05:55 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

McVeigh was an INDIVIDUAL. Radical Islamic Fundementalists (kinda funny how the word islamic always seems to pop in there, guess I am racist for that) are a large group of crazies. We CAN stop them. We HAVE to stop them (Kerry can't stop them).

McVeigh, I don't think we could have stopped him (well, I guess we did).

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#397281 - 10/07/04 06:02 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Val, wrote:
 Quote:
All the Japanese Americans were interned during WWII
Better re-check your American history, comrade. West coast Japanese were interned; east coast, and, surprisingly, Hawaiian Japanese, were not! Surprising condemnation considering your beloved comrade Stalin imprisoned, and murdered, 10's of millions of people during his "enlightened" "Peoples" administration! So nice of you to remind us of our own, and Mr. Hitler's depredations, while conviently omitting "Uncle Joe's"! \:o

While your attacks are not "treasonous", per se, I must, in all honesty, state that you seem decidedly ungrateful to your new, adopted country. Perhaps, a one-way trip back to Mr. Putin's new, Russian workers paradise, is in order? I'm sure we'd all miss you, but we'll get over it; in about a millisecond! \:D

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
Page 38 of 177 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics