ctfisherman.com logo
Page 114 of 177 < 1 2 ... 112 113 114 115 116 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398032 - 10/19/04 12:38 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

Val,

JFM is right. You are quite the master of cut and paste. Did you learn that at adult continuing education class?

Oh, and the Icarus is a better boat for the Sound.

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
Fishing Info
#398033 - 10/19/04 12:57 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

Jon h. C'mone now, you know as well as I do that the same people you are calling terrorists in afganastan used to be called freedom fighters by reagan.

The insurgency in iraq was born and bread by bushie. He created the civil war, and fueled it by firing the military and police. The few external "terroroists" in the classic sense are there because we are there. It doesn't matter that it's iraq.

Now that bush created this mess, it has to be cleaned up. I jusdt don't trust the guy who created the problem to resolve it.

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
#398034 - 10/19/04 01:06 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

Well, I don't trust a Massachusetts Senator who's favorite Red Sox player is "Manny Ortiz", or who hunts deer with his "trusty" 12 ga. crawling around on his belly, sneaking up on his quarry. A man who plays both sides of every issue. Whether its SUVs (sometimes he owns them, sometimes they are the "families", depending on who he is addressing), or wavering on his stance on Iraq.

He just isn't an electable candidate. He has a "plan" for everything. He won't tell us the plan, but he will go on and on about the "failures" of the current administration. He also gets the facts wrong, I just wish Bush would have listened to him during the debates so he could have gone after him better. They must have coached him on that because he caught Kerry on the funding of Pell grants, VA hospitals, etc.

Oh yeah, the camels f-ers that are blowing up women and children have nothing to do with Reagan. They have nothing to do with something you believe Bush started. They are the enemy of this Country and many others. I do not believe that the US trained anybody to suicide bomb innocents in the name of Islam and "Allah".

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#398035 - 10/19/04 01:08 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Zach S. Offline

Loc: Pardeeville, WI
 Quote:
Originally posted by jon h.:

John Kerry Wants to Ban Guns in America

a president doesn't have the power to ban guns- is he going to ban free speech next?

Fishing is way too important to take so seriously...
#398036 - 10/19/04 01:11 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

Zach read the rest of the post. And yes, he has tried to ban free speach. He has only condemned and try to shut down political adds slanted against him, while saying nothing of those that were nasty or unfair towards Bush (comparing him to Hitler).

#398037 - 10/19/04 01:25 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well..., THAT does it....I'm voting for Bush!
#398038 - 10/19/04 01:27 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

Jon, you are sorely in need of historical reference with respect to cia training of the islamic fighter in afghanistan during the russian occupation. We did train them to do just that.

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
#398039 - 10/19/04 01:30 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Buck Offline

Val, I gave my responses about Bush in other posts.
Now, I will give you credit, you put the best spin on the Kerry fiasco that you could by relying on phantom documents that exist but Kerry won't release. Key points:
--There is no document released for us to see for his discharge from active duty. When you are discharged from active duty you are discharged in a status. The Form DD 214 has this information. Both the officer (Kerry) and an authorizing officer who is doing the processing sign the document. There are seven sections to the document, one being "discharge data". Item 13 on the form is "character of service" which on my form (that I pulled from my files) states "honorable". That is what happens when you leave active duty. Of course, if you quit early and request to be discharged before your obligation is fulfilled it makes sense that the "character of service" would be classified as "general" or maybe even "dishonorable". That is why Kerry will not release this document, because he does not want the voting public to see that he was released from active duty with less than an honorable discharge. So, Val, if you can find a copy of Kerry's DD 214 then we can another discussion but until then it appears he got less than an honorable discharge from active duty.
--There is also no indication he remained on Navy reserve duty until 1978. His time would have been up by 1972 at the latest. But, in any case, it is irrelevant because the issue is his release from active duty. The document I posted showed that in 1978 he received an honorable discharge. There is no reason for that non-conforming form to be filed at that time. When I was released from my six year reserve commitment on 7 Feb. 1973 I received a form letter from the Department of the Army, Office of the Adjutant General, U.S. Army Reserve Components Personnel and Administratin Center where I was "relieved" from USAR Control Group, Standby, to an assignment of "Inactive". There was no mention anywhere on the document about discharge status or the use of the word "honorable". That applies to when you are discharged from actice duty.
On the other hand, the document I posted for John Kerry did in fact address the issue of discharge allowing for an "honorable discharge", eight years after he was discharged from active duty in another status, undoubtably a status of "less than honorable". This document references the President of the United States, references a Board of Officers which is a review panel set up under President Carter's Amenesty Program signed into law via Executive Order on the day of his inauguration, and references two Codes having to do with involutary discharge from the Navy.
Now, maybe I just fell off the turnip truck and don't get it, but it sure appears to me that John Kerry received his "honorable discharge" eight years late under Jimmy Carter's amnesty program as a way to upgrade his previously received less than honorable discharge from active duty. That was one of the purposes of the Carter amnesty program. The form used was non-conforming to Department of Defense procedures and had all the information necessary to point to special action under the amnesty program.
Anyway, this can all be cleared up by releasing John Kerry's DD Form 214. So why won't he do this? Because it shows he was discharged from active duty with a "less than honorable" discharge.
Val, end of this discussion. I give you credit for taking an enigma and turning into a riddle with enough spin to get those who want to believe in John Kerry to believe he had an honorable service record. But he didn't.
#398040 - 10/19/04 01:31 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Zach S. Offline

Loc: Pardeeville, WI
I hope he doesn't plan to ban voting!

I think we need to have a post-election party to celebrate when this election is finally over!

Fishing is way too important to take so seriously...
#398041 - 10/19/04 01:34 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

So, Buck: Where is this turnip farm? \:D
Page 114 of 177 < 1 2 ... 112 113 114 115 116 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics