ctfisherman.com logo
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#256235 - 12/20/06 02:12 PM Re: The Stocking of State Record Breaking Fish
stripervitis Offline

Loc: Western Ct
I think the record would be diminished/tarnished if it were farm raised and stocked for all the same reasons mentioned above. But, the record is still measured by weight, and the fish weighs over the record, so it would have to be yes. And, if there are that quality of fish available to be stocked, then I would hope they would be stocked to offer the oportunity to catch a trophy, but it should definitely be marked so that the new "record" could have a big-ole *asterisk*.
Fishing Info
#256236 - 12/21/06 12:38 AM Re: The Stocking of State Record Breaking Fish
Brown Bagger Offline

Loc: Black Rock, Bridgeport, CT
Well I would hope that potential state record fish that are submitted are taken seriously and scrutinized to have been taken legally etc.

Although i do not agree with a farm raised fish being recognized at all, as an alternative I really like Stripervitis's idea of an asterisk indicating that the fish was stocked at a record breaking size.

I think that is what was meant in your post, correct me if im wrong.

If you look at other states where large/ record breaking trout are being caught you will see that they are not stocked at such sizes, it is a conscious effort to produce these fish by more natural means. ie stocking of trout in ares that can "grow" monsters. Oregon, California & Arkansas are very good examples. We in CT have more than one location capable of producing monster trout but have not taken advantage of those bodies of water as far as I can see.

Tight Lines!
#256237 - 12/21/06 12:53 PM Re: The Stocking of State Record Breaking Fish
tim Offline

how will they be able to tell if it is a stocked fish? the only way i can tell is if u cut it up and look at teh meat, or maybe the tail. ad if you cut it up its already too late for a mount.

~Life is to short to hunt with an ugly dog.~
#256238 - 12/21/06 01:43 PM Re: The Stocking of State Record Breaking Fish
Brown Bagger Offline

They can be marked/ tagged very easily.

Tight Lines!
#256239 - 12/21/06 04:35 PM Re: The Stocking of State Record Breaking Fish
tim Offline

o i didnt know that the state tags the fish before they release them.

~Life is to short to hunt with an ugly dog.~
#256240 - 12/21/06 07:20 PM Re: The Stocking of State Record Breaking Fish
Brown Bagger Offline

This poll is a hypothetical situation. As far as I know record breaking fish are not being released from hatcheries.

The posts of the fish from Kensington had raised questions and concerns for me at least and was the reason for my posting of the poll.

And I am not saying they tag any fish that they release. I do know that fins are clipped very frequently and that the tagging of a fish is a simple procedure.

Thanks for participating.

Tight Lines!
#256241 - 12/21/06 07:27 PM Re: The Stocking of State Record Breaking Fish
Reef Madness Offline

If they are tagged and recorded as larger than the state record upon release.....not the same as catching a legitimate state record. Just my opinion.
#256242 - 12/26/06 11:47 PM Re: The Stocking of State Record Breaking Fish
Brown Bagger Offline

bump

Tight Lines!
#256243 - 12/29/06 10:23 PM Re: The Stocking of State Record Breaking Fish
CAJUN Offline

The state should not be allowed to release a trout raised in a swimming pool that is record size and release it in a stream for one of 100 people fishing a pool 20 ft across to catch and call it a new record.The state should use some of the money used for stocking trout and put it into fixing ramps at some of these lakes that we have.You might as well be able to go to the hatchery and catch it there and call it a record.

Have I ever told you I hate the "CLA" !!
#256244 - 12/29/06 11:41 PM Re: The Stocking of State Record Breaking Fish
FRANKRUSSO76 Offline
KOOTER

Loc: bristol ct
i agree with cajun fix the ramps

www.southernctbassanglers.com

Paul Narducci Outdoors is Sponored by:Lubrimatic,St.Croix Rods,Zeko Shoes,Optima Batteries,Lew's Reels,Lunker City,Stanley Jigs,Thomas Spinning Lures,Megastrike,Cavitron Buzzbaits,KVD Line and Lures,Costa,Reynolds Garage and Marine,BTS WAX Waveaway, Ultralube,6th Sense Lures and Hale Lure Co.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Active Topics