ctfisherman.com logo
Page 10 of 26 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1652836 - 09/23/15 07:53 AM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: bojango145]
jonh Offline

FUBO

Don't ever believe what you read in the news. I have been misquoted several times in the last few years, its just sad - they never get it right. I am not sure if it is intentional (to sell papers) or just lack of care. I always assumed that a newspaper editor's job was like an English teacher's job to correct mistakes and fact check - but I don't think they bother any more....

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
Fishing Info
#1652892 - 09/23/15 12:46 PM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: bojango145]
hornhunter Offline

Thank the good lord your still alive.As for the lowlife,I hope he gets caught and his name is smeared all over the web.Sooner or later they will nail him.
So sorry about your horrible incident and loss of boat.
#1652893 - 09/23/15 12:53 PM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: hornhunter]
BaldPelican Offline

Loc: Wallingford, CT
Get Carter!

Baldpelican

#1652894 - 09/23/15 12:53 PM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: bojango145]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
So I thought I read on here that they do know who he is and that know charges are filed yet. Also that when you mentioned to the CG that he fled they said that was news to them. Wow why isn't this guy arrested and why aren't you told that? Sounds like a bunch of BS and maybe he is a "local" who knows people.

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#1653230 - 09/25/15 03:25 PM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: bojango145]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
Any update?

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#1653233 - 09/25/15 03:37 PM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: jonh]
Bo_Neato Offline
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted By: jonh
Don't ever believe what you read in the news. I have been misquoted several times in the last few years, its just sad - they never get it right. I am not sure if it is intentional (to sell papers) or just lack of care. I always assumed that a newspaper editor's job was like an English teacher's job to correct mistakes and fact check - but I don't think they bother any more....

I think it's a bit of both. Journalistic ethics and standards seem like a thing of the past. In my experience, they make mistakes even when you take great pains to spoon feed them the right information in the right order because they are only interested in the angle they wish to take and don't pay much attention to the rest of the facts. And most now seem more concerned with creating the news rather than simply reporting it.

#1653236 - 09/25/15 03:59 PM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: bojango145]
bojango145 Offline

Loc: South Hadley MA
just got an update to the news article, although they didn't feel the need to contact me about it.......

http://www.27east.com/news/article.cfm/G...oat-Hit-And-Run

They released his name, but the chief of police was also quoted to saying it was strange we went home.....wtf??!
#1653237 - 09/25/15 04:10 PM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: bojango145]
RickCee Offline

Loc: West Springfield, MA
Kinda looks like they are making you guys out to be the bad guys

Quote:
As part of the investigation, East Hampton Marine Patrol has continued to try to contact the Massachusetts men. Mr. Michels said when he originally reported to the scene at 6 a.m., the men were already well on their way home. They took a Cross Sound Ferry from Orient Point to New London, Connecticut, where their car was parked, he said.

"Seven hours later they had left already," said Mr. Michels. "It's just strange."
#1653238 - 09/25/15 04:18 PM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: bojango145]
ecurB Offline

Can you eat that ?

Originally Posted By: bojango145
just got an update to the news article, although they didn't feel the need to contact me about it.......

They released his name, but the chief of police was also quoted to saying it was strange we went home.....wtf??!

Have you lawyered up ? The guy that hit you did right off the bat and that is probably why he's not been charged yet . Please say you've retained an attorney , 'cause if you don't they'll eat you up .

"Politically correct" was initially coined by Leon Trotsky to refer favorably to those whose views remained in sync with the ever-shifting Bolshevik Party line. This was important, as "not PC" people risked prison or death.
#1653239 - 09/25/15 04:20 PM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: bojango145]
Bone-Head Offline

Loc: southington
Originally Posted By: bojango145

is the chief that stupid or does he think everyone else is stupid? somethings wrong again. will the official story change again?
Page 10 of 26 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25 26 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics