ctfisherman.com logo
Page 18 of 26 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1672425 - 03/09/16 08:54 AM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: CWood Man]
Tieg Offline

Loc: SE CT
Originally Posted By: CWood Man
Civil Suit!

Judging by the looks of his facebook page he for sure could handle sacrificing some money in a civil suit. I'll bet the female that was on the boat with him was his wife who is in a few of those pics. Some nice stripers...hope none were taken from federal waters.

"I think of this war as it really is, not as the people at home imagine, with a hoorah! and a roar. It is very serious, very grim…"
Manfred von Richthofen (aka The Red Baron)
Fishing Info
#1672428 - 03/09/16 10:13 AM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: bojango145]
Winston Ortega Offline

I buy houses!(and sell them too)

Loc: Connecticut
Greg Mastronardi was charged with hit and run and leaving 2 fishermen out there to die? I hope he pays up.

If everyone is posting this same question perhaps this would show up as #1 hit on google when his name is searched?

Carpe Carpio!

Real Estate related questions? Call me!
203-231-2112

#1672430 - 03/09/16 10:28 AM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: Winston Ortega]
Tieg Offline

Loc: SE CT
Originally Posted By: Winston Ortega
Greg Mastronardi was charged with hit and run and leaving 2 fishermen out there to die? I hope he pays up.

If everyone is posting this same question perhaps this would show up as #1 hit on google when his name is searched?

Nope...but close...the #1 hit under that name is
Quote:
East Hampton News - Captain Identified In Montauk Boat Hit ...

Same subject lol

"I think of this war as it really is, not as the people at home imagine, with a hoorah! and a roar. It is very serious, very grim…"
Manfred von Richthofen (aka The Red Baron)
#1672433 - 03/09/16 10:53 AM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: Winston Ortega]
KillTaker Offline

Loc: Southbury, CT
Originally Posted By: Winston Ortega

#1672437 - 03/09/16 11:30 AM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: Reelin]
swwind Offline

Originally Posted By: Reelin
Get your boat replaced then go after the jerk in Civil Court. There are enough ambulance chaser lawyers that would love to jump all other this case!

This is true, and they will take the case on a contingency basis. Also keep in mind, his insurance company is just silently hoping you will not.

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1672449 - 03/09/16 01:00 PM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: bojango145]
DeadBird Offline

Loc: Old Saybrook
Be careful taking money to have the boat replaced, it's possible that could be seen as a complete settlement. If you intend to pursue this further talk to the lawyer before you take any money.
#1672483 - 03/09/16 06:55 PM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: bojango145]
DanO Offline

Loc: Manchester
If the guy is the big jerk your friends tell you about, then he DESERVES to be sued. He'll settle out of court before letting himself be put on the stand, under oath.

Your attorney will just take a percentage of the (guaranteed) win. It'll cost you nothing up front.
#1672484 - 03/09/16 07:05 PM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: DeadBird]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Originally Posted By: DeadBird
Be careful taking money to have the boat replaced, it's possible that could be seen as a complete settlement. If you intend to pursue this further talk to the lawyer before you take any money.

AGREED......take it and move on with your life, OR roll the dice and go for that and more in a civil suit.

NOT taking the guaranteed "deal" on the table now means you won't have a boat this season, and maybe won't for a few seasons with his money. Not taking his deal and going with the civil suit will take years and stay with you for that and more...what do you want?

The guy is a jerk hands down, but has money so he will fillabuster and work the screwed up system and F with you for years while being "cooperative" in the process.

Personally......I would probably take the new rig and move on with my life. You and your crew definitely could have been killed, but you weren't and you lost your boat. Get your new boat and start living again uninhibited.

A civil suit will be a daily grind, on your happiness, no promises, weigh on your relationships, and with no guarantees when it's all said and done.

Think long and hard on those options.....make an educated decision.....and wish you the BEST bud, (I promise I'm not his attorney or anyway related to his side....just giving my perspective)

On the same token...if you're in a financial position that the replacement value of your boat is peanuts to you......then take him to civil and run him into the ground.
#1672485 - 03/09/16 07:22 PM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: bojango145]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT

Greg Mastronardi was charged with hit and run in a boating accident off of Montauk in 2015 and leaving 2 fishermen out there to die? I hope he pays up.
#1672504 - 03/09/16 08:09 PM Re: PLEASE HELP! HIT & RUN OFF MONTAUK PT [Re: Don P]
KillTaker Offline

Loc: Southbury, CT
Originally Posted By: Don P

Greg Mastronardi was charged with hit and run in a boating accident off of Montauk in 2015 and leaving 2 fishermen out there to die? I hope he pays up.
Page 18 of 26 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25 26 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics