ctfisherman.com logo
Page 21 of 25 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1220110 - 06/09/10 01:32 AM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: mikek06511]
Lead Head Offline

Thanks for the update Mike glad t hear he is still hanging in there at another tough time.
Fishing Info
#1220178 - 06/09/10 12:18 PM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: Lead Head]
swwind Offline

Originally Posted By: Lead Head
I am sure there are other boards out there to discuss energy alternatives and the political crap that seems to go with it! NOW you guys are bringing up BROADWATER WTF this guys livelyhood is gone and your using this thread to spew out your political ideology give it a rest!!!!

Chill out !!!!

If you look at the 7 or 8 biggest posters on this thread, you will see a total approaching 50,000 posts.

I know Hoop, do you ? My heart is breaking for what he is going through. I know John from Madison feels the same way. If you ask me, this thread is the perfect place to bat this around. Its a sign of respect to Hoop!

A ***** storm is coming in our energy future and FISHERMAN will be in the center of it. More off shore rigs, less access to off shore rigs, NG rigs, rock fracking, nuclear cooling, off shore wind farms, wave farms and tide farms. No matter how you look at this the implications for fisherman are very real.

So rather than go home and kick the dog, I will vent my horrible frusrtation about this whole F*^$ing mess by blogging on CTF and every time I do, I will wish Hoop and all the fisherman of the GOM good luck in weathering this disaster.

Sor far it has not crashed off the political cliff (which is ALWAYS a risk) but not so far.

Edited by swwind (06/09/10 01:41 PM)

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1220196 - 06/09/10 01:05 PM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: swwind]
swwind Offline

(CNN)this morning

The morning the Deepwater Horizon oil rig exploded, a BP executive and a Transocean official argued over how to proceed with the drilling, rig survivors told CNN's Anderson Cooper in an exclusive interview.

The survivors' account paints perhaps the most detailed picture yet of what happened on the deepwater rig -- and the possible causes of the April 20 explosion.

The BP official wanted workers to replace heavy mud, used to keep the well's pressure down, with lighter seawater to help speed a process that was costing an estimated $750,000 a day and was already running five weeks late, rig survivors told CNN.

BP won the argument, said Doug Brown, the rig's chief mechanic. "He basically said, 'Well, this is how it's gonna be.' "

"That's what the big argument was about," added Daniel Barron III.

Shortly after the exchange, chief driller Dewey Revette expressed concern and opposition too, the workers said, and on the drilling floor, they chatted among themselves.

"I don't ever remember doing this," they said, according to Barron.

"I think that's why Dewey was so reluctant to try to do it," Barron said, "because he didn't feel it was the right way to have things done."

This screams of negligence on a massive scale - I feel nothing but anger.

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1220486 - 06/10/10 01:05 AM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: swwind]
Lead Head Offline

Originally Posted By: swwind
I am sure there are other boards out there to discuss energy alternatives and the political crap that seems to go with it! NOW you guys are bringing up BROADWATER WTF this guys livelyhood is gone and your using this thread to spew out your political ideology give it a rest!!!!

Chill out !!!!

If you look at the 7 or 8 biggest posters on this thread, you will see a total approaching 50,000 posts.

I know Hoop, do you ? My heart is breaking for what he is going through. I know John from Madison feels the same way. If you ask me, this thread is the perfect place to bat this around. Its a sign of respect to Hoop!

A ***** storm is coming in our energy future and FISHERMAN will be in the center of it. More off shore rigs, less access to off shore rigs, NG rigs, rock fracking, nuclear cooling, off shore wind farms, wave farms and tide farms. No matter how you look at this the implications for fisherman are very real.

So rather than go home and kick the dog, I will vent my horrible frusrtation about this whole F*^$ing mess by blogging on CTF and every time I do, I will wish Hoop and all the fisherman of the GOM good luck in weathering this disaster.

Sor far it has not crashed off the political cliff (which is ALWAYS a risk) but not so far.

Swwind,

To be honest with you I dont really give a flying ***** how many post the top 7 or 8 people as you put it on this thread have!!! Post count makes no freaking difference, that crap stopped when this became a paysite if i have 1 post or 10,000 my sixteen dollars does the same as yours. Lets not start the "clique" ***** again that was on here years ago when this was a free site.....THAT was a idiotic statement you made bringing up post count.... Do you think you have more of a right to be on here because of your post count????? WTF!!! I think most people can read back and see this whole thread was based upon political rhetoric once the "few" political finatics got on. The few of you that always have the answers should run for office and give it a real shot in November. Some people (IN A POLITICAL FORUM) may actually want to hear your ideas on how to fix the worlds problems. God knows you guys think you know how to fix the worlds problems.

NO I DO NOT KNOW THIS MAN BUT THROUGH THIS SITE AND READING ALL THAT HE HAS GONE THROUGH DOWN THERE BOTH GOOD AND BAD I FEEL FOR HIM!!!! ONCE AGAIN I GUESS YOU ARE BETTER THAN ME BECAUSE YOU KNOW HIM PERSONALLY MUST BE NICE TO BE ON YOUR HIGH HORSE!!!!

You guys lost the reason behind Hoop starting this thread. You turned it into your own thread to express your own ideology and political biases.

Hoop I do not know you personally but I wish you and your family well through this nightmare. You have seemed to perservere through many tough times down there and I am sure you will come out on top this time as well. I wish you the best of luck once again..

SWwind I wish you and the rest of the guys the best of luck fishing this year. In the end I think we all hope the leak is stopped as soon as possible and we can start cleaning this mess up. As humans it in our nature to have differing viewpoints but in the end I truly think we all have the same hopes and goals.......
#1220876 - 06/11/10 12:11 AM re: Oil rig explosion
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
stand by...

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#1220887 - 06/11/10 12:28 AM re: Oil rig explosion [Re: chris med]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

welp just got off the phone with Hoop(interrupted by a BP guy I think) and here's the deal,......When our fearless leader(also known as Nancy Pelosi's spokesperson) shows up down there,....it is a 1000% staged operation............people from all walk of life are given white suits for media purposes.........
Here's some of our converation,......has anyone ONCE seen the president take questions after a "breifing to the press" rolleyes NO

the oil has infiltrated Larry's backyard to soak birds, then gone another day but the marshes have been contaminated....they are still trut fishing in some marshes and Pontrechain is still open for fishing.....
Shrimpers use to get paid .45 a lb for 16-20's now that price has gone up to 4.oo + so get redy at the market if it doesn't come from Thailand....

his boat is running everyday so he is hanging in there but 25 miles offshore in 1500' of water he could not see a jig more than 3' where he use to kick back and enjoy the birds and tuna busting on a dail basis,..and I quote" I was interviewed by numerous news staions ,....but what could I say.....I don't know what to say".....this all coming from his mouth as he is almost back on line after a lightning strike...he should be up in2-3 more days.........it's looking pretty bleak but again he stressed that BP is doing in his eyes an admiral job of getting people to work and paying them,...he is FULLY disgusted in the circus show that comes to town when Mr. Obama rolleyes shows up.............anyhoo.... thought you might like to know../....Larry should be chiming in here with once again media-proof on-scene updates....rather than the crap you see on TV.....Be well Hoop.....al are in our thoughts and prayers .......and thanks for calling....

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#1220897 - 06/11/10 12:42 AM re: Oil rig explosion [Re: chris med]
jonh Offline

FUBO

Good luck Hoop. If it gets really bad, you have lots of friends up this way.

I have been sick of the circus since inauguration day. This disaster with an inability to lead ,or more likely complete incompetence, has only sealed the deal for me.

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#1220901 - 06/11/10 12:48 AM re: Oil rig explosion [Re: jonh]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

my sentiments exactly Jon,....truely sad to hear him speak.........it really Is,.......It's NOT a good situation down there......"it will be MANY MANY years(his words) until we really know the scope of this...." what the fuk can you say about it......Hearing the Circus show stuff really put some things in perspective......

www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
www.bluefincharters.com
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#1220905 - 06/11/10 12:52 AM re: Oil rig explosion [Re: Lead Head]
Mitch P. Offline

As humans it in our nature to have differing viewpoints but in the end I truly think we all have the same hopes and goals...

Well said, and words to remember.
#1221004 - 06/11/10 11:43 AM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: chris med]
Mycept Offline

Originally Posted By: chris med
my sentiments exactly Jon,....truely sad to hear him speak.........it really Is,.......It's NOT a good situation down there......"it will be MANY MANY years(his words) until we really know the scope of this...." what the fuk can you say about it......Hearing the Circus show stuff really put some things in perspective......

I think you can turns years into....decades. Having worked in the Gulf for years on all aspects of deep and shallow water trophodynamics (200-3k+) feet, we don't know anything. No one has a clue what the impacts of the oil will be on species and systems that we really don't know much about to begin with. What about the pelagics that spawn in the gulf, what about all of the ichthyoplankton from lots of commercial species (fish and crustaceans), what about the overall ecosystem functions and transfer...

Even if they get it all cleaned up on the surface, the long-term implications are so unknown. It's unfortunate, especially when you find out why things happen and what we could have been doing proactively to help prevent these things.

Can't look back now though, just have to keep looking forward and get it done.
Page 21 of 25 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics