Page 20 of 25 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 24 25 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1218572 - 06/04/10 05:50 PM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: chris med]
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
The problem with exporting NG again is our infrastucture. You need to liquify it, and transportation costs are approx. $3MBtu, so if it's $5 here and you add the transportation costs, sell at $8, then there's no profit. Nix that idea.

We also compete against middle East NG which is often burned off as a waste product, or sold at under $1 MBtu.

Put in sufficient LNG infrastruture and you can turn NG into much more of a Global product.

WE NEEDED BROADWATER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fishing Info
#1218578 - 06/04/10 06:01 PM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: John from Madison CT]
swwind Offline

Signs in Lafourche Parish LA

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1218585 - 06/04/10 06:30 PM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: chris med]
Buck Offline

The pricing is linear in the sense that when oil goes to $145 a barrel it creates an umbrella and if you think of NG as an alternative fuel then it now has a much higher upper range into which it can be priced. Whether NG competition allows this rise or not is another thing but typically when there are oil pricing spikes the NG producers will manage production so that they can price under the oil umbrella. Remember, oil pricing was just as volatile over the past three years. Look at its range. Anyway, maybe linear was not the right word but you get the point I was on. Both fuels rise and fall based upon country economics and global demand.
On the question of selling NG to Japan the answer is yes, we will sell into the market with the best margins if those are better than domestic sales, though NG into Japan may be a bad example. For example, some North Slope oil is sold into Asia. It is cheaper to put it on a huge tanker, one that can't navigate the Panama Canal, and send it off to Asian refineries than to navigate around South America and bring it into the Texas refineries. To offset this oil export we will import heavy crude into Texas from Venezula. On balance, the domestic oil company makes more money doing this.
The main economics of LNG terminals in Long Island Sound is that there is very poor NG infrastructure in the Northeast. There just isn't the piping around here whereas when I lived in western NY everyone burned NG and there were literally few oil burners in homes.
So there is a lot of work to switch to NG from oil for heating and transportation but this transition will either start now or will be forced on us. That is what Cap & Trade is all about, make energy so expensive there are no other options but to go green but green can't produce the energy that is needed in the forms we need it.
#1218766 - 06/05/10 11:07 AM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: Buck]
O-BASS Offline

yeah.... the cap today produced numbers equivelent to containing about 10% of whats actually leaking.

this is disgusting.
#1219044 - 06/06/10 11:21 AM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: O-BASS]
zyg Offline

Sportfishing Industry Urges President Obama to Provide Immediate Financial Assistance to Businesses in the Gulf

Recreational fishing-dependent businesses will not survive without immediate financial assistance

June 4, 2010 - Alexandria, VA – Today, representatives from every sector of the sportfishing industry sent a letter to President Obama urging the administration to make federal financial assistance immediately available to recreational fishing-dependent businesses impacted by the Gulf of Mexico oil catastrophe. The industry also recommended that the administration develop a long-term compensation plan for these businesses to cover losses for the duration of the economic impact resulting from the current crisis.

The full news release from ASA: http://asafishing.org/newsroom/news_pr060410.html
#1219085 - 06/06/10 01:02 PM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: zyg]
Mycept Offline

It's such crap. There should be more legislation and safety netting in place to force companies like BP who reap the rewards of these things when they're functioning properly to be the ones who have to fulfill the monetary obligations that come with this type of disaster.
#1219829 - 06/08/10 12:14 PM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: John from Madison CT]
RedfishCT Offline

Originally Posted By: John from Madison CT
The problem with exporting NG again is our infrastucture. You need to liquify it, and transportation costs are approx. $3MBtu, so if it's $5 here and you add the transportation costs, sell at $8, then there's no profit. Nix that idea.

We also compete against middle East NG which is often burned off as a waste product, or sold at under $1 MBtu.

Put in sufficient LNG infrastruture and you can turn NG into much more of a Global product.

WE NEEDED BROADWATER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT IN LONG ISLAND SOUND!!!!

Edited by RedfishCT (06/08/10 12:15 PM)
#1219976 - 06/08/10 07:15 PM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: RedfishCT]
swwind Offline

Yesterday was a bad day for the NG industry.

Texas
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i3fQFROi7EjjP1ifzux9UOPWFP8AD9G75JOO0

West Virginia
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/07/AR2010060704791.html

Pennsylvania
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10159/1063980-455.stm

The industry is going to need to step up its game if NG is really going to be a widely used transportation fuel.

T Boone Pickins is pitching it hard. I saw him on Friday (Mad Money with Krammer) say that crude oil would be $300 to $400 a barrel inside the next ten years. confused2

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1220088 - 06/09/10 12:34 AM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: swwind]
Lead Head Offline

OFF TOPIC HERE BUTTTTT HOW IS HOOP DOING???? I thought this thread he was using to keep us updated on his take of how things were going down there.

I am sure there are other boards out there to discuss energy alternatives and the political crap that seems to go with it! NOW you guys are bringing up BROADWATER WTF this guys livelyhood is gone and your using this thread to spew out your political ideology give it a rest!!!!

Hey how about this .....http://www.alternativeenergyforums.com/ SEE there are forums where you can have your rants!!! For the two CTF's mini Limbaughs here is a place for you....http://www.republicanforum.com/

Redfish in response to your post about me going off topic earlier Hoop started this thread to let us know how he was doing and how this disaster was affecting the people in his community. For some reason it seems no matter what happens in this world their are two individuals on this site that love to bring politics into the issue as fast as they can.

This disaster is not a liberal or conservative disaster its an American disaster in one way or another WE ALL will be hurt by this spill.
#1220100 - 06/09/10 01:07 AM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: Lead Head]
mikek06511 Offline

He called me the other day just to check in.
Seems like he is still in good spirits in spite of taking all the fishing gear off his boat. It won't be used anytime soon, he says.
As for now he is working ferrying around workers, folks from NOAA and journalists.
Also said there are still fish in close but it's all off limits now so he really wants to go and catch something but can't.
Page 20 of 25 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 24 25 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics