ctfisherman.com logo
Page 13 of 25 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1217317 - 06/01/10 12:08 AM Re: Oil rig explosion [Re: Conrad G.]
jimmy Offline

hooper has an interview in one of the videos on this page, the 2nd one down on the left side titled "frustration mounts". He is at the very end of the clip, and only in the clip for a few seconds. Looks like he is on his cat in Venice harbor with Eddie Burgers boat (bill collector) in back.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/05/31/louisiana.oil.frustration/index.html?hpt=T1

I dunno. I dont want to seem to negative for the guys supporting BP for helping fisherman like hooper by generating work down there. Its a confusing topic. But even if BP is helping employ them and make it through today.. what about next year, and the year after, or say 5 or maybe even 10... Can he sell his house and move back to CT? I dunno.

and yes conrad. Politics can be silly. They need to find a way to make horrible punishments for people that make decisions that cause catastrophes, regardless of laws being broken or not. There just seems to be endless problems in the last 5 years, enron, home mortgage crisis, ponzi schemes. It seems to just be getting silly. I dont want to get political, just saying I hear ya. As for obama, in my opinion, he needs to utlize federal resources like the army core of engineers or nasa or someone to come up with backup plans to the half effort jobs BP is doing.

Edited by jimmy (06/01/10 12:24 AM)
Fishing Info
#1217346 - 06/01/10 01:56 AM Re: Oil rig explosion [Re: jimmy]
Tmack9200 Offline

Loc: City of Champions...

#1217352 - 06/01/10 02:16 AM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: swwind]
thevinman Offline

Loc: Alpharetta, GA
Originally Posted By: swwind

We want our < $3.00 gas at no risk to the environment ! Sorry to say this is not possible.

If this situation makes you angry . . . . use less petroleum - ultimately that is the only route away from these crazy risk/reward choices !

-Vinny
My Profile

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda

#1217358 - 06/01/10 09:08 AM Re: Oil rig explosion [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
lock&load Offline

Loc: east windsor
Army cor of what ,they gave us NEW ORLEANS, remember the dikes that failed
#1217376 - 06/01/10 10:16 AM Re: Oil rig explosion [Re: lock&load]
jonh Offline

FUBO

The army corps had been recommending levee repairs/rebuild for more than a decade prior to Katrina.

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#1217387 - 06/01/10 10:53 AM Re: Oil rig explosion [Re: Conrad G.]
O-BASS Offline

Originally Posted By: Conrad G.
What A BUNCH OF BS!!OBAMA HAS BEEN IN CHARGE FOR HOW LONG????SO MUCH FOR LEADERSHIP AND TREASON confused2

well there is our brainless post of the week...
#1217398 - 06/01/10 11:21 AM Re: Oil rig explosion [Re: O-BASS]
jonh Offline

FUBO

There has been a colossal failure from the federal government in "handling" this crisis.

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#1217399 - 06/01/10 11:30 AM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: thevinman]
Szczupak Offline

Loc: Norwalk CT
So that means that is our foult? BS big time. Keep watching fox news. Learn to think for yourself and be resposnsible for your acctions.
#1217401 - 06/01/10 11:42 AM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: Szczupak]
jonh Offline

FUBO

To date, the government has done nothing but point fingers. That has gotten us nowhere, and we risk losing some of the ocean environment up the atlantic seaboard at this point. You go ahead and keep watching Katie Kouric, I will continue to think for myself. Sheeple please

#1217454 - 06/01/10 01:24 PM Re: Hoop on CNN tonight! [Re: jonh]
swwind Offline

Political ideology means nothing here and lets not kill this thread with non sence.

This is failure of LEADERSHIP that goes back 20 years for both parties. It was only a matter of time until this happened.

For too long, despite the overwhelming national interest of reducing our demand for oil, our leaders have tip toed the line of off shore drilling and middle east imports to keep gasoline cheep and voters placated.

We have stood by while the greatest international movement of wealth in our lifetime has taken place and countless fragile ecosystems put at risk.

When will a leader, inside or outside of government, lead American's to an honest understanding and acceptance THAT WE CAN NOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

Hard choices need to be made and Americans have always answered the bell when asked - but our leaders never ask.

We need a leader like John Muir to rise from this mess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Muir

Edited by swwind (06/01/10 01:29 PM)

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
Page 13 of 25 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics